We quizzed our community of viewers, ITV Village, about topics that matter to them. This is what they said about DIY and the home.
DIY and the Home
In-store dominates for DIY:
* Viewers expect to spend an average of £1,500 this year on home improvements
* DIY products are typically more infrequent purchases, ranging from once a month to once a year.
* Over half of people purchase DIY supplies in-store, compared to 13% online.
9 in 10
When asked to describe themselves as a sofa brand, 9 in 10 said they’d be ‘Comfortable’, suggesting that a brand promoting comfort could have a strong appeal.
Over a third take inspiration from TV programmes when looking for tips and ideas around home improvement.
A connected audience
Being insured is important:
* Viewers are keen to stay on top of any repairs and like to ensure their home is protected – more so than last year.
* Over half of our audience currently have home emergency cover whilst 13% would consider it.
* The majority of those who have insurance are covered by British Gas HomeCare.
58% Over half of our viewers own a connected device, with digital assistants seeing the highest ownership.
1/4 A quarter have a smart appliance installed in their home.
Lack A lack of need is clear amongst those who don’t own a smart appliance.
Sign up for the latest news & insights on everything ITV Commercial