We quizzed our community of viewers, ITV Village, about topics that matter to them. This is what they said about health and beauty.
Health and Beauty
Price is a barrier:
* Current uptake of private healthcare is low, however, 1 in 3 are open to entering the market.
* The biggest barriers to choosing private healthcare are the cost and contentment with the NHS.
* Amongst those that perceive private healthcare to be expensive, a subscription of £5 - £10 could encourage uptake.
79% Apps lack trust in the healthcare space – 79% of our Villagers trust them a little or not at all.
63% ITV’s Factual programmes are perceived as a trustworthy environment for healthcare advice – 63% agree.
This Morning The Daytime and Breakfast genre is also trusted, with This Morning cutting through especially well.
A connected audience
Mass brands lead on awareness:
* Unsurprisingly, Women show high levels of engagement with the health and beauty category.
* Men aren’t as engaged, but everyday essentials do cut-through.
* Awareness is higher for mass beauty and skincare brands compared to those perceived as premium.
Retailer At a retailer level, those with expertise in the category lead for beauty led products.
Supermarkets Supermarkets are more prevalent for everyday essentials.
Trust When looking to buy a product, value for money and trust are most important to our audience – products with natural properties are also important.
Sign up for the latest news & insights on everything ITV Commercial