ITV Commercial Wins Sales Team of the Year
It was a huge night for the ITV Commercial team with fantastic wins at the Media Week Awards last night. We scooped seven Gold and two Silver in recognition of all the hard work and changes we’ve made over the last couple of years.
We were extremely proud to walk away with the Sales Team of the Year award - beating off stiff competition from Twitter, Channel 4, Spotify, The Guardian and Ocean Outdoor.
We also won the Grand Prix award for the second year in a row with our TA Live campaign, which saw live footage from Afghanistan broadcast on ITV and generated 14,000 new enquiries for TA. This was one of our highest profile campaigns of the year and also won the Media Creativity Gold award.
The Media Week Awards 2013 was attended by 1,450 members of the UK media industry and hosted by The Inbetweeners' star Greg Davies. The awards were judged by 73 media leaders selected from all sides of the industry, including ITV's group commercial director, Kelly Williams.
“We knocked it right out of the park at last night's Media ‘Oscars’ Week Awards”, says Fru Hazlitt, ITV’s MD Commercial,Online and Interactive.
“I must admit – it was particularly marvellous – yes of course because we won stuff – but most especially because you could actually feel the love in the room! And before you start reaching for the bucket – I mention this only because this has not always been a feeling often associated with ITV in the past...
"Market Leaders are not there to be shot at – they are there to lead – which is what we are now doing and will try to keep doing from now on."
- Grand Prix Gold - TA Live from Hellmand
- Sales Team of the Year Gold - ITV Commercial
- Media Brand of the Year Gold - ITV: a new brand
- Large Collaboration Gold - Morrisons with Ant and Dec
- Media Creativity Gold - TA Live from Hellmand
- Media Idea: Large Gold - Morrisons with Ant and Dec
- Media Idea: Medium Gold - Matalan with This Morning and Closer magazine
- Media Idea: Large Silver - The Meerkovo Meerkats meet Coronation Street
- Media Idea: Launch Silver - Surf’s Summer D’reem and TOWIE
For all the action from the night, see #MWAwards and see the full list of winners on the Media Week Awards website.