ITV nabs seven golds at the TRIC awards
It was a great night for ITV at last night’s Television and Radio Industries (TRIC) Awards where a number of our shows and personalities were recognised:
- Peter Andre : Satellite / Digital TV Personality
- Ant and Dec: TV Personality of the Year
- Celebrity Juice: Satellite / Digital Programme of the Year
- This Morning: Daytime Programme of the Year
- Coronation Street: TV Soap of the Year
- I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here: TRIC Special Award
This Morning Editor Adam Vandermark said:
"It's fantastic that the This Morning team have been recognised again. This is our second award this year after the NTAs and we are all absolutely thrilled - especially as we approach the show’s 25th anniversary. The This Morning team is a real talent and this is a real tribute to their great ideas and constant drive to improve the show."
Controller of ITV Daytime, Fiona Keenaghan added:
"It's fair to say we are running out of space in the Daytime awards cabinet thanks to the recognition This Morning continues to enjoy from both our viewers and our industry peers.
Just a few weeks after bringing home the NTA, yesterday it was wonderful to see the show awarded, for the second year running, a TRIC award - no mean feat as we plan our 25th anniversary.
A fantastic achievement for a fantastic team."