Celebrity endorsement of brands can be regarded as risky or hit and miss if not planned correctly, so we led a research study to find out what steps need to be put in place to make this a valuable aspect of your marketing strategy.
We worked with Bournemouth University’s Faculty of Media & Communication, and research companies YouGov and Neurosense, to understand the value and effective use of talent endorsement in advertising.
* Celebrity endorsements create and maintain viewers’ attention
* They bring prestige to brands and encourage engagement, interest, and recall
* Talent-led advertising spots are effective because celebrities have symbolic, aspirational associations for viewers
* The celebrity is able to transfer their own values and characteristics to the products they are promoting
* Credibility and the audience’s connection with the talent is very important, but the strategic link between the product and the celebrity is key
* Talent endorsements offer effective advertising for both new and established brands
* They improve advertising attitudes, brand attitude, and build purchasing intent
* They provide monetary value through increased brand equity and sales
* They build new brands and reposition old brands
* Talent with worldwide popularity can help businesses reach global goals